Carmageddon <>Special Edition<>

« Older   Newer »

1. QTZ

User deleted

HAGA CLIC AQUÍ PARA TRADUCIR

In other Meld pack available online there are robots and zombies included (as on latest C1 MaxPack CD and GOG MaxPack release), but not set up to play.
    Since Mastro's version is based on older C1 release where was no zombies yet, my patch updating the zombies from demo version together with unique fat ped from beta version.
    Also as we know it, there is no full version of SP with zombies (there is only zombie sheep), so for all SP pedestrians - zombies are set by me. Tinsel Town zombies (2 of 3, since there is no bikini zombie) are made by me with automatic software trick.
    Mastro: There are several old zombies Tinsel Town on the map, I think.

"Ped guide" is included with patch - there you can see which zombie is set up for which ped. Also they are on screen shot.
    This is the only Meld version with working zombie and robots, all over the world :).
    Also with patch 3 v1.2c this is most stable and most fixed version ever! :D
    When patch 3 v1.2c is installed you have 4x2 batch files for different gore levels:
    CARMAGEDDON.BAT / ALT_CARMAGEDDON.BAT - max gore normal pedestrian in non restricted mode
    CARMAGEDDON_ZOMBIE.BAT / ALT_CARMAGEDDON_ZOMBIE.BAT - zombies in non restricted mode
    CARMAGEDDON_ROBOT.BAT / ALT_CARMAGEDDON_ROBOT.BAT - robots in non restricted mode
    CARMAGEDDON_BORING.BAT / ALT_CARMAGEDDON_BORING.BAT - robots in restricted mode (no powerups / no oil blood in menu / no "Nice and fluffy mode" and no proper texts - as in original) - this mode is also not compatible wit all above for net play.

Mastro: QTZ made a topic about this addon: www.cwaboard.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9391

This topic is about my work in general, but for now only Setup-Launcher and MC1SE patch are there.
    Note: Setup-Launcher is experimental and it handle this different. Warning: do not edit / replace exec when using it - best don't use it at all until I made final version (later). Only additional feature is ability to start game with Eagle II Hawk II.

To play bigger resolution use this. Also you may need to create additional batch for this execs and edit registry or colorfix.reg (then apply) if required. BUT NOT rename / NOT overwrite / NOT edit existing exec!

Edit: Ready to use MC1SE HD Expansion supplement - instruction included.

Since there is no source code available we can't add additional functionality to the game.

If the server still working (?) you can use hamachi to play over Internet. I think my method can work with hamachi, but not tested.
    You can also try method described here and here. It require DOS (root) files to start game from DOSBox - for example you can add missing files from C1 installation CD.

PS. Mastro what's going on? Why you are ignoring my questions?

Edited by QTZ - 24/4/2014, 02:24

1785 replies since 2/7/2010, 23:21   71523 views