Carmageddon <>Special Edition<>

« Older   Newer »

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    QUOTE (FerdoTheBad @ 25/12/2010, 07:07) 
    P.S. The new updated mod has a Cutscenes file corrupt and invalid header... -_-

Fixed. :D

2. FerdoTheBad

User deleted

Hong Kong Phoey is very undriveable (like Firestorm's Tanka). Anyway the mod has ever crash problems... ;)

Edited by FerdoTheBad - 26/12/2010, 18:41

Master

Group

Status
    I've known about that crash for years now and there's absolutely no way to fix that so far. Depending on the complexity of your C1 install, other cars like Twister or Tashita might start to make the game crash too. It's not related to your comp's specs or the pack. It's a problem within Carmageddon.

Seriously Hong Kong Phoey sucks. As does Desert 3. That's just a beta track I don't see the point in including that. Speaking of which it might be great to start adding proper credits/sources to what you add in your pack, I actually worked on that Desert 3 beta track in order to make it work. Same for Chrome God, it's actually been done by CWR (even though distributed by SCi) and that horrid Hong Kong Phoey by Stainless. Else people will think you made them yourself. Same applies to your D3D Windower tutorial, it looks like you figured it all out by yourself while you just heard about it on devWAM, the real 2 years old tutorial is here. No offense ofcourse but that's important for everyone.

Another thing: why is the SP demo included while you merged both C1 and SP together ?

[Edit] why the fuck can't users post links :huh:

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Welcome to Carmageddon Forumfree!

Seriously Hong Kong Phoey sucks.

i am the only human being who likes this car. :P

Thanks for the credits-info. Hope no one hates me for forgetting to add the credits. :B):

why the fuck can't users post links

Remember to add http:// at the beginning of your url.

Master

Group

Status
    Well even back in the time when Hong Kong Phooey was released, people were like "WTF?" heh... It's not very carmageddon-ish.

Thanks for the credits-info. Hope no one hates me for forgetting to add the credits.

Heh no one hates you at all! But exchanging links and sourcing your knowledge/content helps the community to live. That's why I often links to your work and to other people's Carmageddon work on devWAM news even when it's not related to devWAM. On the other side, it's true that forgetting credits too often or for too much custom content might bring problems, maybe you remember what happened with PVG's mod several years ago because he didn't mention any credit at all and implied it was all his work etc.

About the links, if I add "http://" I can't post at all! This happens with both BBCode and HTML tags. Maybe it's just me or the fact I'm using Chrome.

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Credits added to the First Post.

7. FerdoTheBad

User deleted

QUOTE (Toshiba-3 @ 27/12/2010, 01:28) 
    I've known about that crash for years now and there's absolutely no way to fix that so far. Depending on the complexity of your C1 install, other cars like Twister or Tashita might start to make the game crash too. It's not related to your comp's specs or the pack. It's a problem within Carmageddon.

So what do you think that should be do to fix these problems? Carmageddon doesn't seem too complex like you said, it's an old game, and computer games programmers should can fix these problems, isn't true?

Edited by Mastro 666 - 27/12/2010, 14:15

8. IAN_HCX

User deleted

una pregunta un tanto rara

żnecesito tener el carma 1 original? esque desde hace tiempo quiero jugar uno :(

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    No necesitás el Carmageddon original. Te bajás el archivo, luego haces doble click en CARMAGEDDON.bat y listo.
    Cualquier problema no dudes en postiarlo. Salu2. :B):

10. IAN_HCX

User deleted

SUPER!!! seria la primera vez en toda mi vida que juego al carmageddon 1 wiiii!!!!1111!!!!!111uno1!!!111!!

solo espero que sirva en windows vista

11. IAN_HCX

User deleted

MIERDAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ME CAGO EN LA PUTAAAAAAAA!!!! ME TIRA UN ERROR LA DESCARGA!!!! DICE QUE NO SE ENCUENTRA LE ARCHIVO ORIGEN!111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Me bajo el archivo y te digo si encuentro problemas.
    Es raro, habia testeado la descarga y no detecté nada malo. :unsure:

Master

Group

Status
    QUOTE (FerdoTheBad @ 27/12/2010, 17:17) 
    So what do you think that should be do to fix these problems? Carmageddon doesn't seem too complex like you said, it's an old game, and computer games programmers should can fix these problems, isn't true?

As I said there's nothing to do to fix that. Nobody could so far. I didn't say Carmageddon isn't complex. On the contrary, Carmageddon is VERY complex (and not very well coded). And no programmer could fix that error, especially if we can't find what causes the crash. Sorry but you'll have to bear with that bug from now on (you can avoid it by changing the cars ofcourse). I just noticed that apparently sometimes the game won't crash with these cars at all, and sometimes it will crash asap.

14. FerdoTheBad

User deleted

Ok, what is the font of "TOSHIBA" word in your image?

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    QUOTE (IAN_HCX @ 27/12/2010, 18:27) 
    DICE QUE NO SE ENCUENTRA LE ARCHIVO ORIGEN!

Bajé el archivo en 2 máquinas y no encontré problemas. Intentá otra vez el link de descarga. O sinó que alguien pruebe el link para ver que onda. :wacko:

Estuve trabajando en una conversión para el mapete del Carmageddon 2: Rocky too! (Beaver County Quarry).
    Igual me falta colocar los peds, powerups, noncars y cops pero vá encaminado.

Rocky Too + Random Textures:

Con las texturas indicadas:

Edited by Mastro 666 - 23/2/2011, 02:06

1785 replies since 2/7/2010, 23:21   71474 views