Grave Prosperity

« Older   Newer »

1. LDC Studios

User deleted

@Asesino de por vida:
    It is really nice to find that someone enjoyed the plot of the original game- and I would keep the original story for Redux, but it just didn't seem to draw the attention I hoped for. I think it may have come off as "another teen slasher" to most, which is not a desirable lable in my opinion. But that was my fault anyway. Another thing that needed re-working was the monsters. It seems most people thought they were fighting Zombies, when if fact they were cursed spirits. That was another misconception that placed the game into a catagory I would rather it not be in... I am pretty sure the world has seen enough Zombie themed video games to hold us over for the next decade or two. I will have no part in bringing on another one, if I can help it.

Unfortunately, the voice actress from the original game will not be making a return in Redux. This new title has a much higher demand for quality in all aspects of its workings, and voice tallent is certainly one of them. Amber's new actress far exceeds any expectation I could have had, and she will leave an amazing mark on this project.

Maybe someday after Redux is complete I will run a poll to see what the demand for the completion of the original title would be. If it is high, I will re-make it from the ground up in Construct 2, with absolutely no changes to the characters or plot. Just heavy improvements on the combat system and navigation.

In the concepts the website currently shows, yes, Amber and Miki did a bit of an appearance swap. However, in the final concept I have yet to release, Amber has a very different appearance that I believe will appeal to everybody. It is more subtle, but still sexy. A little fan service is never a bad thing.

Returning to the point of the story, this new story is very similar to where Part 4 of the previous game would have picked up since Amber is already in the town of Prosperity.

About the whole face healing thing, I am totally with you about that. Clearly I was not going for realism there, as I wanted to maintain the character's image. On that clumsily written note- the whole game was actually based on improv. It was not a story that I carefully crafted together at all. Everything was made back-to-back without much planning involved. I was actually making Grave Prosperity as a statement to the RPG Maker Communities out there. I got tired of seeing the same pixilated games over and over and wanted to prove that the engine was capable of delivering something much more unique of the likes that nobody had ever seen made with it before. I think while creating it I may have become a bit ambitious and carried away with the mechanics though, which caused a lot of incurable bugs. But I think I got my message across... Since the release of Grave Prosperity back in October of 2012, I have seen a number of similarly made games surface on the RPG Makers. To me it is a breath of fresh air to see diversity in such an engine. Granted, most people using an RPG Maker are usually making a game for the fun of it. They are not typically trying to make something incredible. Many people would argue that so much effort should be reserved for engines like Unity or Unreal or something like that. But to have a beautiful pre-rendered game on something like an RPG Maker is still admirable in my opinion.

@Mastro 666:
    The last bosses for each part can be very tricky. The last boss of Part 1 actually has a "safe zone" where its bite attack cannot hit Amber. It is right infront of the bench located to the right of the monster's well in the background. Stand infront of that, and he cannot bite you.
    The last boss for Part 2 is easy if you use the pistol. Just keep your distance by rolling and flipping and then shoot. Only reload if you can get behind her when she tries to shoot at you. This attack is telegraphed by her doing 2 backflips before shooting.

Edited by LDC Studios - 25/4/2014, 11:54

216 replies since 7/3/2013, 18:57   11031 views