Grave Prosperity

« Older   Newer »

1. LDC Studios

User deleted

If anybody here does play the game, I have a couple tips that will make the experience much much better... At the very beginning, the game will ask you if you want to sync up the controlls. Select yes and then press F1 to match up the button config to the image on the screen. I've watched so many "Let's Players" on Youtube try the game, and not even one of them sets up the control scheme. Then all they do is complain and rant about how the game is broken when the buttons don't work. Basically it makes the player look like a moron in front of thousands of viewers when they realize they didn't bother to follow the instructions on the screen, and the issue was with them instead of the game.

Semidios

Group

Status
    I'm curious about this. Why do you did this "confusing" control scheme? For controller support or something?

Lider Supremo

Group

Status
    i just checked the beginning of the story in youtube and this is... absolutely great, and i love that esthetic photography style
    Video

forgive my ignorance and sorry if i ask obvious things but i know nothing of the game and i would like to know some things from a reliable source (creator):
    there is only one title of this game? and this title is divided into 4 parts?
    there are some parts of those 4 that are still in development? the new version of you spoke is just an alternative option in the thread of the all story or only a part??

without having played, just seeing the opening... i would like to see a bloody, brutal and ruthless end ...where Amber takes revenge on the people who did that to her :Smuug:
    and nothing ....
    :Taard: fuck you Kyle Shroder motherfucker!! and all your damn family and friends too!

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Por qué no lo jugás? Es buenísimo.

Lider Supremo

Group

Status
    Por qué no lo jugás? Es buenísimo.

en cualquier momento lo empiezo

6. LDC Studios

User deleted

@Kalcos:
    Yeah, the control scheme was set up around a very old school Gamepad device. The buttons on it were actually numbered instead of labled like an X Box controller. Back when I was developing this in 2011 I didn't realize there were different kinds of Gamepad controllers since I am not a computer gamer. The controls are very simple to configure, you just have to take one minute to do it.

@Asesino de por vida:
    I'm really happy that you liked it! There are actually 2 different titles for this game. There is "Grave Prosperity" and "Grave Prosperity: Redux." The original Grave Prosperity you saw the intro to was supposed to be made in 4 separate parts, but I only completed 2 of them. The reason behind this is I was watching all the Let's Play videos and reading all the reviews put out and I took note of all the most common complaints the gamers had. By the end, the most prominent complaint was about the bugs that simply could not be fixed because of the engine I was using. The whole game was made using events instead of scripting, so there was no perfect way to fix all the little problems. I wanted much more out of the game than what was presented, so I decided to scrap the project and re-start it completely on the "Construct 2 Engine" by Scirra. That's where "Grave Prosperity: Redux" comes in. This version does not take place in the same universe as the original game, but it still features the same protagonists. The story for this new game is much less "B movie" and much more simple. It is a simple matter of escaping an insane town alive and that is it. The town will obviously have a deep story behind it, but the main story line is much simpler and much more believable. Here is the name of the site for the new game. I still need to update it from its previous concept though. GraveProsperityRedux.com

Edited by LDC Studios - 25/4/2014, 01:07

Lider Supremo

Group

Status
    There are actually 2 different titles for this game: "Grave Prosperity" and "Grave Prosperity: Redux."

hell yeah... Grave Prosperity Redux seems pretty cool too! vampire

The original Grave Prosperity was supposed to be made in 4 separate parts, but I only completed 2 of them

Grave Prosperity Redux looks great, but goddammit!!... the idea at the beginning of the original version with popular insane students, revenge extreme and unjustified, attempt of murder with a mace and abandoned body in a forest... damn yeah!!! that was awesome!! everything... also even the voice(i love her voice)and speech of the protagonist (not to mention her figurenotworthy) and the design of the other people in the pub also i really liked.
    masterly beginning, just... Genial

I wanted much more out of the game than what was presented, so I decided to scrap the project and re-start it completely on the "Construct 2 Engine" by Scirra. That's where "Grave Prosperity: Redux" comes in

i am nobody and still can not give an opinion because i have not played (yet), but a game with these characteristics perhaps should be finished; someday...

That's where "Grave Prosperity: Redux" comes in. This version does not take place in the same universe as the original game, but it still features the same protagonists.

it may be that in this new version Amber looks like Miki and Miki looks like Amber can it be? www.graveprosperityredux.com/character-bios/4583139084

The story for this new game is much less "B movie" and much more simple. It is a simple matter of escaping an insane town alive and that is it. The town will obviously have a deep story behind it, but the main story line is much simpler and much more believable. Here is the name of the site for the new game.

i think this is very good, and if you could link the two stories (because the first is not complete) would be doubly fabulous

well...sorry for all this, usually im not a critic, just a little obsessive ... its just that i think you have something big on your hands and that maybe is being unfairly undervalued.

PD:something that i did not like (i told you that im obsessive) was how Amber did heal her face instantly (after she was abandoned...) maybe would have to give more time to heal her face. the dislocated shoulder was very good and i really liked the sound when it accommodates.

so... this is all, after playing the 2 first parts of the game i will comment a opinion more accurate who-let-rip-smiley

Edited by Asesino de por vida - 25/4/2014, 16:37

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Los jefes finales son super complicados.

9. LDC Studios

User deleted

@Asesino de por vida:
    It is really nice to find that someone enjoyed the plot of the original game- and I would keep the original story for Redux, but it just didn't seem to draw the attention I hoped for. I think it may have come off as "another teen slasher" to most, which is not a desirable lable in my opinion. But that was my fault anyway. Another thing that needed re-working was the monsters. It seems most people thought they were fighting Zombies, when if fact they were cursed spirits. That was another misconception that placed the game into a catagory I would rather it not be in... I am pretty sure the world has seen enough Zombie themed video games to hold us over for the next decade or two. I will have no part in bringing on another one, if I can help it.

Unfortunately, the voice actress from the original game will not be making a return in Redux. This new title has a much higher demand for quality in all aspects of its workings, and voice tallent is certainly one of them. Amber's new actress far exceeds any expectation I could have had, and she will leave an amazing mark on this project.

Maybe someday after Redux is complete I will run a poll to see what the demand for the completion of the original title would be. If it is high, I will re-make it from the ground up in Construct 2, with absolutely no changes to the characters or plot. Just heavy improvements on the combat system and navigation.

In the concepts the website currently shows, yes, Amber and Miki did a bit of an appearance swap. However, in the final concept I have yet to release, Amber has a very different appearance that I believe will appeal to everybody. It is more subtle, but still sexy. A little fan service is never a bad thing.

Returning to the point of the story, this new story is very similar to where Part 4 of the previous game would have picked up since Amber is already in the town of Prosperity.

About the whole face healing thing, I am totally with you about that. Clearly I was not going for realism there, as I wanted to maintain the character's image. On that clumsily written note- the whole game was actually based on improv. It was not a story that I carefully crafted together at all. Everything was made back-to-back without much planning involved. I was actually making Grave Prosperity as a statement to the RPG Maker Communities out there. I got tired of seeing the same pixilated games over and over and wanted to prove that the engine was capable of delivering something much more unique of the likes that nobody had ever seen made with it before. I think while creating it I may have become a bit ambitious and carried away with the mechanics though, which caused a lot of incurable bugs. But I think I got my message across... Since the release of Grave Prosperity back in October of 2012, I have seen a number of similarly made games surface on the RPG Makers. To me it is a breath of fresh air to see diversity in such an engine. Granted, most people using an RPG Maker are usually making a game for the fun of it. They are not typically trying to make something incredible. Many people would argue that so much effort should be reserved for engines like Unity or Unreal or something like that. But to have a beautiful pre-rendered game on something like an RPG Maker is still admirable in my opinion.

@Mastro 666:
    The last bosses for each part can be very tricky. The last boss of Part 1 actually has a "safe zone" where its bite attack cannot hit Amber. It is right infront of the bench located to the right of the monster's well in the background. Stand infront of that, and he cannot bite you.
    The last boss for Part 2 is easy if you use the pistol. Just keep your distance by rolling and flipping and then shoot. Only reload if you can get behind her when she tries to shoot at you. This attack is telegraphed by her doing 2 backflips before shooting.

Edited by LDC Studios - 25/4/2014, 11:54

Lider Supremo

Group

Status
    well... i ve downloaded the first part of the game, so im going to start playing now

11. LDC Studios

User deleted

Awesome! If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask them. I am always happy to help!

12. LDC Studios

User deleted

Here's a show of some of the progress being made on the re-make of the RPG Maker XP Grave Prosperity. Yes, I have decided to do a complete redo of the original game using the Construct 2 engine! Those of you who have played the original will recognize this shot as the fight with the first boss from part 1, only things are looking a little better..
    screen_1_by_graveprosperity-d7n39w1

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Looks great, keep up the solid work. :B):

Lider Supremo

Group

Status
    That chick is HOT!!!

Lider Supremo

Group

Status
    QUOTE (LDC Studios @ 20/6/2014, 14:32) 
    Yes, I have decided to do a complete redo of the original game...

absolutely great!

this reminds me that i have to finish the second part that i owe some time ago... so tonight i will! promise!

216 replies since 7/3/2013, 18:57   11007 views