Alex Self Apoc. 9 -Thread-

« Older   Newer »

1. Alex Self Apoc. 9

User deleted

WHAAATTTT???!!!!!!!!

WHY KILL HER??!!

BTW, busy packing mah textures for her kart.

but for da meantime, Carmageddon pallete-ize these animation mugs. This will also give you an Idea of what her car looks like!
    File Allegato
    VVSFLI_360.zip
    (Number of downloads: 15)

2. Alex Self Apoc. 9

User deleted

Vanellope FLI gif
    Attached Image
    VVSC1

Master

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Mastro 666 @ 22/3/2014, 23:25) 
    Hmm i want to kill her.

Hahaha!

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    QUOTE (Alex Self Apoc. 9 @ 22/3/2014, 23:25) 
    Vanellope FLI gif

That's...not the right palette.

What's the point of making the FLI files? That's the last part of the process.

5. Alex Self Apoc. 9

User deleted

that's what I'm saying! download this file, or did I already upload it and break in fies, then modify files to Carma 1 pallete1

Ha ha ha. Laugh all you want. you and mastro will get to kill her :blink: and everyone else in C1 as soon as me and mastro finish this. ;)

I Just wanna get the FLI process over with.

HEADS UP! TEXTURES COMMING IN!!!!!!!! THEY NEED TO BE CARMAGEDDON 1 PALLETE-IZED!!
    File Allegato
    VVS_TEXTURES.zip
    (Number of downloads: 25)

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Done.
    File Allegato
    VVS_TEXT.rar
    (Number of downloads: 17)

7. Alex Self Apoc. 9

User deleted

problem!!! ON BLACK POINTS, IT SHOWS THE TRANSPARENT COLOR!!!

RE DO BLACK PARTS IN COLOR 240!!! I HAVE PATCHED CARMAGEDIT! ALL BLACK IS PINK!!!
    File Allegato
    problem_EXAMPLE.zip
    (Number of downloads: 16)

8. Alex Self Apoc. 9

User deleted

Oh, yeah, I forgot a texture!

Here:
    File Allegato
    LOST_TEXTURE.zip
    (Number of downloads: 16)

9. Deep_Blue

User deleted

'Sup. D_B in da house.

Alex....I never said anything bout an IPT file. I don't even know what an IPT file is.

To edit images for C1, all you need to do is open the .pix or .fli file in Carmagedit>export the entire thing to a folder somewhere and open the images in whatever paint or photo editing program you are using to manipulate images.
    All exported images will be in bitmap (.bmp) format. Bitmap is what Carmagedit spits out for export and bitmap format is what Carmagedit expects to import back into the game.

You can then directly change them individually with painting tools or you can paste images directly over them (providing you have resized them to match the existing exported image sizes. (E.G. if the exported image is 64x64, make sure the new image you are pasting over it is resized to 64x64.) The easiest way to make sure the palette is correct is to just paste the new image on to the old one. The palette will automagically take care of itself-although you may have to do a little editing where stuff gets pixelated or screwy. That's what QTZ was telling you.) Exported images already have Carma1 menu or race palette (depending on which they're for-so pasting another image on top of them automatically converts the new image to whatever C1 palette the original was.

Images in the games are always sized in powers of 2. (32x32. 64x64, 32x64, 32x128, 128x256 or any combination thereof.) No odd numbered sizes (such as 419x524, for example.)

Just create/modify your images in MSPaint or PSP or Photoshop or any number of free image editing progs you can download all over the web. You don't need Autodesk or whatever. You can even edit the images directly in Carmagedit as it contains a simple paint function.

When you are finished, just re-import them back into the game folder you got them from and save.

Easy as falling off a bridge. ;)

As far as the pink-That's so you can actually use RGB 0,0,0 black instead of the dark grey we used to have to use.
    The patch forces transparency to the purple/pink color. Make sure anything you want to be transparent is the purple/pink color.

As far as making/changing models-that's what CarEd is for. If ya don't have them already-Go to Tosh's Road Reaction and get CarEd and the Java runtime files. Install the BIG Java program first. (Look at the file size. It's the jre_1_2 file), THEN the little one. Pick the OpenGL file to be safe unless you know your DirectX. THEN unzip CarEd to this path: C:\Program Files (x86 if you're using Windows 8 or such)\Javasoft\JRE\bin

Only there will it work. Create a shortcutin that folder to CarEd.bat and put it on your desktop or wherever so ya can get to it easy. Cared will automatically generate the required .act, .dat, .mat files in the <carname> folder in the /bin folder when ya hit "Compile model"
    I have made a tut for creating C1 cars and somebody else made another (I think better one).

All you will need to put the model ingame is the act, dat and mat files. Leave the rest. Convert your TIFs to .bmps and follow the instructions in the tut to add them to your new car. Editing the new text file (an existing one, actually) is covered in the tut for .pix file references and wheel positions/mechanics stuff, etc.

Oh, and ya don't want to rename files to wreck it Ralph names. Carmageddon won't know what to do with those and will ignore them. Ya can paint those names on the *images* but the files must be named like they were in Carmageddon unless you've actually changed the references in the car's text file to reflect those names. If the text file is looking for "ANNIECAR.PIX", for instance- that's by god what it better find or the game will crash.

;)

Edited by Deep_Blue - 26/3/2014, 17:21

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Deep_Blue is right, you need to learn the basic stuff about car making.

Thanks D_B for the info and welcome to the forum. :B):

No odd numbered sizes (such as 419x524, for example.)

It is possible in C1.

11. Deep_Blue

User deleted

Yeah, I know, Mastro, but just the basics to get 'im started. :D He wants to mod, apparently but is going at it about as subtly as a load of bricks through a skylight. :lol:

Thanks for the welcome!

12. Alex Self Apoc. 9

User deleted

UUmm... The text file is called: 'VANLLOPE.TXT'

And So, does this mean I will have to make the whole model again, or do i port the model to sketchup, because If it means to do it again... Well, here goes about two to three hours of trying to remember the model and such.

For some reason, I'm thinking of going to C2, Why?

Oh, and...

*transylavanian accent* VELCOM! DEEP BLUE! AYE, I Though ye were a goner, and left ye at Cwa, but ye came to join in, huh?!

13. Alex Self Apoc. 9

User deleted

Ya Know what?!! I hate to say this, but, I'm Giving up on c1, they say that Making things for c2 is much easier, cars, and tracks, I wonder if that is true, but as for my custom cars, I have made A LOT of carma 2 car menu templates. Heck, I even got the textures loaded up for vanellope for carma2, got the mug, the car template, and opponent chunk So, I will continue this thread to carmageddon 2.

Also... HELP!!! I tried to insert harmalarm's cactus lair, and acess race, carma 2 oad screen then game crash!
    I inserted the files, but It still doesn't work! could something be missing, I will have to re-download the thing and tell you how it goes...

Asesino

Group

Status
    yup,
    Well C2 is an easyer starting place, especially for skins, and car making, and even drones and peds once ya learn.

Making a c2 car is easy as making it in cared, compiling it, then using it, after setting up the text, easy once ya done it a few times.

15. Alex Self Apoc. 9

User deleted

WHOA. Mad-Maxine??!!! You're here too??!!! AWESOME! Now all i got ta figure is is if COFFEYCUP is here...

BTW Cactus arena still not working!!! My Antivirus HATES Mapstockalypse...

126 replies since 21/3/2014, 14:09   2611 views