DeeBerz in da house?

Deep_Blue's latest attempt to post on this forum.

« Older   Newer »

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    All the SE files are decrypted.

2. Deep_Blue

User deleted

Yeah, I got that. Encrypted
    files are not compatible with SE.
    Thanks for all your help getting C1 back to me!

You've really done quite a lot to it!

Tosh, did you say you got the actual Maxmap into C1?

Mastro- I d/led that TEST.rar inly to find out Winrar won't open it because it's corrupted.

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    What about this one? www.mediafire.com/file/9dhczdfxch392uh/TEST.zip/file

4. Deep_Blue

User deleted

Got it. Thanks.
    I'll try to extract it later today. (I need some sleep)

Master

Group

Status
    Let's keep the discussion about the Maxmap level here, cross-board posting is difficult to follow.

About the Meldpack: did you try removing ddraw.dll as I suggested on CWA? There's no reason for the executable to not work on XP, only the wrappers can be an issue (ddraw, winmm). QTZ who helped make the Meldpack is on XP too (there's an alternative ddraw in DOCS/Ddraw folder IIRC). Anyway C1SE is good too.

About IWANTTOFIDDLE, my bad, should have also said to backup your install just in case. I'm pretty sure the game crashes because it tried to decrypt non-encrypted files. If you still have that broken install, zip it up and send it to me and I'll try to fix it.
    The kinda rule about all this is that either all files are encrypted (and it makes modding the game very annoying and difficult), or all files are non-encrypted. Somehow the game is able to mix both modes but it really isn't reliable. So yeah, we just expect modders to have a non-encrypted install.

Here's the Max map quickly ported to C1: https://rr2000.toshiba-3.com/R6/MAXMAP_C1.ZIP
    Checkpoints aren't ported ; opponent paths were halved (only kept the main loop) as it was too many nodes/sections for C1 it seems ; noncars should be converted to the C1 version (basically you have to redo the collision box to match what C1 expects, I did it when I ported the C2 Junkyard, it's a chore) ; I suppose some smashables could be turned into noncars ; I didn't correct the minimap matrix (minimap image could be redone or enhanced as it's not readable at this size).

I set the YON multiplier to 1000 to maximize view distance, I feel like it kinda makes sense with this level. Though it kinda kills the AI as it can't cheat anymore. I also set the default transparency for ! materials to 0 as bushes and trees used that flag and C1 renders them at 50 or 25% opacity.

As Mastro said, to be perspective correct, textures must be 64², 128² or 256². Stuff like 128x256 aren't good either. It's not the end of the world on walls with enough subdivision in the mesh, but on the ground lack of perspective correction can be vomit inducing :lol: And yeah there's also that weird flickering/tearing induced by very long and thin triangles. Maybe setting the material to "subdiv" could help that but I'm not even sure C1 has that BRender feature implemented.

So IMO it's definitely possible to make a fine C1 port of the Max map but there is some work to do :vccvc:

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    How many materials are there in the model Tosh?

7. Deep_Blue

User deleted

Yeah, Tosh- that weird 'seething'/flickering happens on my C2 version, too. I remember you guessing the same cause back then.

I really want to look at what you did bare minimum to get the map to work ingame- also at what Mastro did to my test map.

At one point in the Forumfree mobile app, I wasn't getting all the replies. Also the links don't always work and I have to switch to my browser to d/l them. (That's why I switched forums and I agree, it's hard to keep track, so yes. I'll keep further discussion here.

I'll no doubt be asking lots of questions of both of you.

Back when I first converted a C1 car I did so quite by accident.
    You might say I threw stuff at the wall until it stuck.

You guys were the ones who took it apart and learned exactly how it worked.
    Now I have to learn some of it.
    I appreciate you guys' efforts at helping me to understand it.

Thanks again, Mastro for hooking me up with SE.

Master

Group

Status
    Mastro 666, it seems the model wants to load 358 materials. Well that's what's included in the MAT file. I split it in 3, same with the PIX packs.

Deep_Blue, "threwing stuff at the wall until it stuck", ha! Still what we do, we're just 15 years later and a lot has stuck to the wall :lol:

9. Deep_Blue

User deleted

OK, first attempt at editing SE.
    It should work, yes? Because everything is decrypted I shouldn't even need Carmagedit except for editing .pix and .fli files, right?

Well I tried to put my Harley in place pf another opponent and got "can't load car resolution independant file."

Bear in mind now that I didn't even bother with my old Harley files- I unzipped the corrected one QTZ fixed and placed each file in its correct folder.

The Wez bike gives me that same "file: scanf.c
    Line 66
    Expression String !=NULL" error.
    All files are where they belong and none are encrypted.

Just to test I loaded the old Wez .txt file in Carmagedit, exported it and renamed it to make SURE it was unencrypted and the game still puked on it...

10. Deep_Blue

User deleted

Can one of you send me the Wez bike you D/led?

I can't make mine work for the life of me.

I'm getting the same error trying to load it in C1SE as I did in my old install.

My text files are decrypted.

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    www.mediafire.com/file/4lzteiz9789u079/DATA.zip/file

MsuGtq8

12. Deep_Blue

User deleted

Thanks.
    I'll let ya know how it goes.

I have a suspicion that I'm going to have to make all new text files for my C1 cars now.

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    I have a suspicion that I'm going to have to make all new text files for my C1 cars now.

I don't think so.

csj51SM

:10x:

14. Deep_Blue

User deleted

OK.
    You're gonna get a kick out of this.
    Those text files you just gave me were still encrypted from my original install.
    I put them straight into C1-SE.

(Open the carname.txt in notepad-all I see is garbage.
    Load it up in Carmagedit-I see the text clear as day.)

Wez bike loads and runs good now, just like the day I made it. First time.

...with encrypted carmame.txt file.

Howbout dem apples, eh?

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    I can't make mine work for the life of me.

Maybe you forgot to add the GWEZ.PIX (carma95\DATA\32X20X8\PIXELMAP)

52 replies since 27/3/2019, 15:38   850 views