Grave Prosperity

« Older   Newer »

1. LDC Studios

User deleted

Thanks everybody! If you're interested, I have a pretty good record of different charcter concept designs the main character has undergone over the years,and some developement phase screen shots of gameplay here: http://graveprosperity.deviantart.com/

Lider Supremo

Group

Status
    you are a great artist man! pretty beautiful...

DyrXdIdl

and she's got those cool eyes...
    those remind me of Mylene Jampanoi's eyes (the actress of that i've become fan since i saw the movie called Martyrs)

aniarm3c

3. LDC Studios

User deleted

Thanks man! Yeah, keeping up with a little fan service is never a bad thing.
    Also, what did you think of part 2?

Edited by LDC Studios - 22/6/2014, 04:24

Lider Supremo

Group

Status
    QUOTE (LDC Studios @ 22/6/2014, 03:57) 
    Also, what did you think of part 2?

well... i haven't finished the second part, not yet...
    especially with this kind of games... i am pretty obsessive with every detail of the story and with those things, so it takes me some time to finish... (longer than usual).

but well... what i can say? for now the second part of the game looks great as the first...

when i reaches the end i will give you some reviews and suggestions about this
    and maybe... some requests also :P

5. LDC Studios

User deleted

Sounds great! Until then, I will continue work on the re-make.

6. LDC Studios

User deleted

Alrighty, everybody! I have a functioning combat demo ready for anyone who is willing to try it out! It is the battle with the first boss from the image I posted on the 2nd page of this thread. Here is an attached file of the demo, it is for Windows 32 bit:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pq4iyfj0...mbat_Test_1.rar

The controls are very simple for now: The arrow keys are for movement. The "A" key is for attacking (at the moment, a three hit combo is available). The "S" and "D" keys are for dodging depending on the direction you are facing.

There are no sound effects currently. This is simply a test of aesthetic and mechanical value, so not everything is perfect. The boss can be damaged, but not killed. Amber can be both damaged and killed, to show the functionality of the HUD. In the full game the life gauge can be expanded via upgrading, but for now it is at its minimum. Not all of the features for combat are in this demo, but the very basics are there. So please give it a test and let me know what you all like and dislike about the new system!
    This is the FIRST and ONLY place this demo has been posted at, so your opinions will be the ones to help shape the outcome of this game. And of course, all of you who test this new system will have a place in the special thanks section of the credits. Just send me a PM with the name you want to have shown in the credits as special thanks!

Oh yeah, one more thing. If the demo lags out real badly, just use the DX Web Installer that comes with it. I couldn't run the .EXE file properly without it.

Edited by LDC Studios - 27/6/2014, 15:26

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Up or Down = you will see an endless animation. It's impossible to fight while moving forward.

TAsoH6g_zps9a3997dc

8. LDC Studios

User deleted

This is definitely my fault here. I should have made a list of all the known kinks in the system before posting. Here's a more detailed description of what's going on and what I'm looking for:

Yes, forward plus the attack button will be a thrust attack in the full release. And the endless running is a bug that has already been fixed in previous makes, but I didn't care to add it in this demo. I know about being able to move while attacking/dodging. I know about the music clumsily looping. This is supposed to be a very sloppy build. Like a demo of a demo. All I care about is aesthetics and feel at this point. Especially in comparison to the RPG Maker XP version. Are the keys set up in comfortable locations? How do animations and collisions compare? Are the added features like the particle effects and blood spatter on the ground that did not used to be present come off as good? All the obvious little bugs are things that are known and will not be there in the final make.

Also, I intend to keep re-releasing this with updates as it progresses, to show the system get tighter with each release.

9. LDC Studios

User deleted

Grave Prosperity: Redux now has a site up and running! Here is its link: www.graveprosperityredux.com/home/4582566189 The site was up at one point in the past, but due to some catastrophic events on my end, some things have changed on it.

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    QUOTE (LDC Studios @ 25/6/2014, 08:56) 
    due to some catastrophic events on my end, some things have changed on it.

What happened?

11. LDC Studios

User deleted

In short- I tried to install hardware on my computer. I am not even the slightest bit good with computers, but it looked like fun so I tried it. I think I had too much gym supplements that day.
    So yeah, with me lacking the foresight to back everything up thinking it would be a simple procedure, I lost everything in what became a deadly surgery on my computer.

12. LDC Studios

User deleted

Here is an update to the combat demo released on the 24th:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pq4iyfj0...mbat_Test_1.rar

The update includes:
    -The looping walking animation bug has been fixed.
    -Sound effects have been added to all animations except for Amber's damage and death animations.
    -A damage animation has been added when bit by the monster.
    -the bug that allowed movement while attacking and dodging animations play has been fixed.

More updates to come! Work is being done on the project every day!

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    I really like the death animations in this game.

dwellerbattletest2014-06-2813-39-47-17_zps0a441492

dwellerbattletest2014-06-2813-40-34-70_zpsf07b7608

:Smuug:

Dios

Group

Status
    hermoso!

15. LDC Studios

User deleted

Thank you both! Every enemy in the game will have a unique way of killing Amber, and likewise, every enemy will have a unique death animation. This, I feel, will at least keep dying often from being annoying for the player. Instead it will be more of a shocking experience-the way death should be. Same with killing an enemy. Now the player will be less likely to get bored with combat since no enemy will ever die the same way.

216 replies since 7/3/2013, 18:57   11031 views