Grave Prosperity

« Older   Newer »

Lider Supremo

Group

Status
    a good story with solid characters and the atmosphere is amazing...
    tumblr_static_cz0jk2wi9uokwo0c8osggwgo0

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
    hey buddy i'm delayed a bit more than expected, you know, better late than never... and as a promise is debt...
    but well... finally, i completed the second part of the game.
    squelette-banjo

so... first of all i have to thank you for creating the game because i like it... and second because it shows that you have put a lot of care
    time and dedication on it... and share it without expecting any remuneration deserves double merit.

well... as i had already commented, i think this is a good story with solid characters and awesome atmosphere.
    the design of the different parts of the game in my opinion is excellent, i found really interesting explore them

and i really love the way the light and shadows are used to complete the sceneries successfully (as in this case)
    ...or also to hide certain things in the shadows, and reveal others with a light beam and things like that.

"without darkness, the light doesn't shine''...
    tumblr_static_cz0jk2wi9uokwo0c8osggwgo0

the music, is definitely one of the strengths of the game, fits perfectly and is very suitable as a complement to the different environments...
    personally i think that the music and the sound effects that have the game are really great.

there are a couple of songs... that left me charmed:
    Residence 1
    Home

sounds so peaceful and sad, i wonder if would be possible to get the notes of these songs somehow(?) sheet music or MIDI files or whatever...
    i really love it just... you can feel the emptiness and melancholy filling the room while you listening the tracks.

regarding the gameplay... it's not bad in my opinion, although the game has limitations in mobility and that sort of thing is pretty good and entertaining.

the difficulty of the enemies (especially the difficulty of the bosses) gives a bit of challenge to the game that i love it, forcing to the player to use all the
    possible resources to overcome the battle, (even if it's the "old trick" of staying in the same place for attacking and only move when it's necessary to escape).
    the fact of having only a machete as main weapon and a .38 revolver seem interesting to me... some reasons that reminds me a little of the old games :'')

something very remarkable is the design of the characters and their level of photographic detail, together with the animations... which are so good that often
    you let them kill you to see those scenes too... and another thing interesting is the system of experience and skill points that adds variety to the game.

that strange photographic esthetic style is really cool!

by the way, a funny thing is that the character does not resize in function of the direction in which it moves on the map to give illusion to be closer or farther,
    i don't know if you going to correct that in the future...(?) but i think that after all is not so bad, and reinforces the independent imprint and the style of the
    game... and also gives (toghether with other things), a certain air that reminds of the serie B films, pretty cool! and worthy of admiration!

and as i had said in another comment, the idea at the beginning of the original version with those popular insane students, extreme and unjustified revenge,
    attempt of murder with a mace, and abandonment of body in a forest... damn yeah!!! that was awesome!!! masterly beginning.
    so naturally i'm glad by the announcement that a new version of the original story will be made.

Club Music

2. LDC Studios

User deleted

Wow, that is quite a review! Thank you for all of the positive feedback too! Yes, there was an incredible amount of care and detail that went into the making of that game. Being made on such a limited engine, I am suprised it came out as good as it did (all unavoidable bugs included). I am also happy that you were able to cope with the bugs that were present. Some simply could not be fixed, thanks to using nothing but a bunch of common events to run the whole thing. Sometimes they would clash with eachother and cause crazy things to happen in the game.
    With all that said, it should be known that the new version I am working on now has fixed all of those old bugs found in the RPG Maker XP. The music for the game was mostly by Kevin Macleod, the guy who's music can be found in the majority of indie games now days. Because of its common use, I am going to be using music from Two Steps From Hell this time around. Since the game is still going to be free (and this time will not be a published title), and credit will be given to the original artists, I doubt there should be any issues with using their work. They are the musicians I originally wanted for the game anyways, but my publisher at the time did not feel safe with using their work without a liscense (about $1500 per song).
    Since you have experience with the original game, would you be so kind to play test the Alpha build I have out for the Dweller boss fight? I could use feedback and comparrisons between the two versions.
    Thank you once again for your time and dedication to my project!

Edited by LDC Studios - 29/6/2014, 13:27

Lider Supremo

Group

Status
    sure... glad to help, "no problemo" :D

t2-%28359%29

4. LDC Studios

User deleted

Awesome! I look forward to getting your feedback on the Alpha.

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Muy buena la review. :B):

6. LDC Studios

User deleted

Here is a screenshot from the opening of Grave Prosperity: Redux
    screen_2_by_graveprosperity-d7pqzfj
    This is the remade scene of Amber waking up under the wreckage of her car in the woods. The entire scene will now be a video cutscene instead of a sprited cutscene.

7. LDC Studios

User deleted

Here is the re-worked version of the opening from the RPG Maker XP featuring Miki, as she becomes increasingly worried about her sister's disappearance.

Edited by LDC Studios - 26/7/2014, 14:54

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    It's really good but I didn't like the picture of the buildings.

9. LDC Studios

User deleted

I kinda figured I'd catch some flack for that. In the final product I may change it to actual 3D models of buildings instead of using an image. I also have a part of Amber's intro up on the channel now too. You'll notice I've used 3D models for the forest this time instead of images like I did in the RPG Maker XP version. Let me know what you think of it:

Edited by LDC Studios - 24/7/2014, 14:06

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    It looks way better now. :B):

11. LDC Studios

User deleted

Awesome! Did a little more editing on the video and updated it to fill things out.

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Any news?

13. LDC Studios

User deleted

Yes! Actually I have a pretty big update! I have a playable demo available right now that will take the player through the opening scenes of the game and into the first parts of the Asylum. You'll know you've reached the end of this demo once you've used the key on the door downstairs and entered that area.
    www.mediafire.com/download/cum7a2fe...ntro_TEST_3.rar
    This demo is still in its alpha stages, and some things still haven't been added. Below is a list of known bugs and missing parts that will be added in later builds.

*BUGS*
    *Only two of the doors are currently able to be interacted with. (The bathroom on the first floor, and the Asylum door downstairs)
    *Missing a sound file for Amber while checking the first aid kit in the bathroom.
    *After reaching the stairs at the edge of the large structure, you cannot return to the forest.
    *You cannot leave the Asylum once you enter it.
    *The door in the second map of the Asylum cannot be interacted with yet.
    *Using the stairs on the second map of the Asylum will take you back to the forest.
    *The Upgrade menu is incomplete and unusable at the moment.

*Things That Will Be Added In Future Builds*
    *A cut-scene that shows the large structure will be added just before leaving the forest.
    *A pause menu will be added.
    *Music will be added to the Asylum.
    *Controller support will be added (Use the arrow keys and the Space Bar to interact for now)

WARNING This game has sexual and alcoholic scenes.

For anyone who plays this alpha demo, please send me back some feedback on your experience! Thanks a lot everyone!

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    I'm stuck here, the "A" button doesn't work.

YAfEWXn

15. LDC Studios

User deleted

Use the Space Bar to interact with things. The A button is for controller support, which this alpha build does not support. It is just the arrow keys and the Space Bar for now.

216 replies since 7/3/2013, 18:57   11031 views