Grave Prosperity

« Older   Newer »

1. LDC Studios

User deleted

Anyone been able to finish that little demo build I put out? Just waiting for any sort of critique on it so I can have an idea of what's good and bad about it.

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anyone been able to finish that little demo build I put out?

I finished it already. :B):

I really like the sound effects and music used in the demo. Great job. It's good to be back in the Asylum once again. :D

3. LDC Studios

User deleted

That's great news! Are there any sorts of things that may need touching up? Or does everything seem to run pretty tight so far?

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    I don't see anything abnormal.

5. LDC Studios

User deleted

Sounds good! Then it looks like I will be proceeding as normal and preparing to plug in the combat system and then release the official full demo! It's gonna take a little while though.

6. LDC Studios

User deleted

Here's a screenshot of an encounter with a "Scavenger" monster from the upcoming demo:
    screen_8_by_graveprosperity-d7vw8fq

This image shows the use of the new Blocking function in combat. The blue (Guard) gauge takes damage opposed to the green (Health) gauge. Once your guard is broken you can no longer block, but it will slowly regenerate over time. The ability to counter attack while recoiling from blocking an enemy attack can also be used to fight back.

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    I like the idea of the new blocking function, the game will be more challenging and complex.

8. LDC Studios

User deleted

Here is a list of combat features:
    * 5 different attacks with the machete
    * 2 different dodging functions (same as the old game: Forward roll & backflip)
    * Blocking attacks
    * Counter attacking
    * Use of secondary weapons (Firearms)
    * Self regenerating Guard Gauge
    * Health no longer regenerates on its own
    * Upgradable Health & Guard Gauges

Of course, with the increased abilities available to the player, the enemies are now more aggressive and agile than ever!

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    5 different attacks with the machete

Impressive.

Health no longer regenerates on its own

Great, it's more fun and strategic having armour and health pickups!

10. LDC Studios

User deleted

I really do hope that everyone shares that same point of view.
    Many (Not all) of today's gamers are turned off by tough games that don't hold their hands while they play. If I released this game back in the late 90's I know it would have been received as a gem. But today in 2014 I'm kinda afraid that people are just going to ignore it due to its difficulty level and character designs. With all the nit-picky nerds all over the internet these days it is very hard to grasp the attention of the masses without someone out there crying "Sexism" or something crazy like that too. So I'm hoping that all of this goes smoothly when the game is released.

11. LDC Studios

User deleted

A demo featuring the mechanics of Grave Prosperity: Redux can now be downloaded!
    Grave Prosperity: Redux_Mechanics Demo

This release is not a full demo! Simply a teaser displaying the new functionality of Grave Prosperity: Redux.
    This release is meant for players to experience the new fluid gameplay of Grave Prosperity:Redux, in comparison to its RPG Maker predecessor. In this release the player will have the outer area of the Asylum to explore while enjoying the newly fine tuned mechanics of the game. Doors cannot be interacted with, and the forest is blocked off, keeping the player within the perimeter of the Asylum. An instruction document has been included in the download to explain the controls available at this point- enjoy!

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Excellent work. The combo animation looks really smooth and is very nice looking.

13. LDC Studios

User deleted

Thank you! October 31st will be the date the full demo comes out also!

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    How is the project going so far? :B):

15. LDC Studios

User deleted

It's coming along very nicely! The game is very tough, but quickly rewarding. If you enjoy a good challenge you'll enjoy this game!

216 replies since 7/3/2013, 18:57   11031 views