Alex Self Apoc. 9 -Thread-

« Older   Newer »

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    So MS Paint in Vista and so on is different and doesn't work then?

Yep, that's the problem.

2. QTZ

User deleted

Here is the solution and files for new Windows. I hope this version is OK? (doesn't work on XP, so I can't test it)

Here is obsolete version.

I guess the more recent version can be found on XP service pack 3 CD (ISO).

Edited by QTZ - 15/5/2014, 22:18

3. Alex Self Apoc. 9

User deleted

YEP! i'm using new windows paint! VERY simple mugs work fine.

before I switch to old MS Paint, mug here, once again, it's me... AN ACTUAL PICTURE OF ME!

it goes with Toshiba-3's C1 Skyline Tashita 2 from C2

WE ARE NOW EATING MAH CAKE!!! RED VELVET CAKE!!!

EDIT: EXTRA MUG ADDED!

Edited by Alex Self Apoc. 9 - 15/5/2014, 23:10
    File Allegato
    ALEX_SELF_and_a_mug.zip
    (Number of downloads: 12)

4. QTZ

User deleted

I not making mugfobs on request, this is just this time.
    (Especially if there is no "please" and "thank you".)

The images you are supply to convert are already converted to 8 bit, so result is not good. If you want good looking graphic you need full color images as source (otherwise it's hard work to achieve good result). I converted 2 mugs for you - your face look similar to source, but second one look really bad.

If MS Paint work for any image this mean it work for all other. Also you can try IrfanView.
    File Allegato
    AS9.zip
    (Number of downloads: 7)

5. Alex Self Apoc. 9

User deleted

Sorry I have not replyed earlier...

I tried Old MS Paint... STILL FAIL!

I am going to show you how they turn out in game, and what i mean by 'Screwie-ish'

This is not a mug, but they are frames for Prat cam FLI. (Be ready, QTZ, or Mastro, there will be A LOT MORE of the prat cam sli slides, all of me, or V.)

@ QTZ, are you sure you are telling me to use 24-bitamp, or what other type of file? because 256 is the Only good FLI format that goes in without going out of shape, it's just the colors. Where can I get Carmageddon menu pallete, and how would I insert it into paint?

EDIT: in the file they are all PNG Images. Except for how they turn out.
    File Allegato
    FLI_RESULTS.zip
    (Number of downloads: 12)

6. QTZ

User deleted

Your result images are exported from CarmagEdit with *race palette*, but imported from saved with default MSPaint pallette (you just loaded your hi-color source images and saved as 256 colors, so they are screwed at this point).

FRAME1.png - 79 unique colors
    FRAME2.png - 84 unique colors
    FRAME3.png - 84 unique colors
    FRAME4.png - 81 unique colors
    FRAME5.png - 85 unique colors
    FRAME6.png - 83 unique colors
    FRAME7.png - 87 unique colors

This doesn't add colors when you save images as 24 bit but previously reduced colors to 8 bit.

I mean take SOURCE IMAGE (WITH ALL COLORS) and CONVERT TO PROPER PALETTE DIRECTLY (NOT JUST TO 8 BIT),
    otherwise result image is color less and need another conversion which again reduce and change colors.

Once again:
    1. copy tutorial image (C1 menu palette is inside this file, or other exported with patched CarmagEdit or other patched tool)
    2. open in MSPaint (now you have proper palette, but paint show it wrong, which is normal)
    3. open your image (not converted - with max colors) in other graphic tool (may be another MSPaint) and copy it to clipboard
    4. switch to tutorial image and paste image from clipboard over it (now it's converted to C1 palette).
    5. save (DO NOT CHANGE FORMAT OR FILE EXTENSION - it should save as 256 color bitmap - AS IS) Result file will be 256 colors with C1 palette as you need to import to CarmagEdit.

Note: I guess for pratcam images you need race palette bitmap - just extract any frame from default pratcam animation and paste over it instead of mugfob tutorial image.

PS. Nice photos :)

Edited by QTZ - 19/5/2014, 02:58

7. Alex Self Apoc. 9

User deleted

I tried to paste my images over C1 pallete ized images, result: FAILURE! EACH TIME I SAVE PASTED OVER IMAGE, IT COME OUT SCREWIE!

EDIT: what da heck is unique colors, QTZ?

EDIT EDIT: these terms, like max colors, or whatnot do not make any sense to me, I need actual visuals.

Anyways, here how it's supposed to come out
    Attached Image
    PRATCAM

8. QTZ

User deleted

Unique colors are colors really used on picture (total colors count).

If you paint black on white you have two colors used no matter if it's saved as 2 colors or 256 - it's still 2 colors. If you save 2 color picture as jpg (which is stupid) it add more colors for compression, so there will be more unique colors then. When you make a photo it come with much more colors and usually it's saved as full color jpg or raw (I call this "max colors" source).

You can examine pictures in IrfanView, also there you can export palette from C1 exported bmp, and import to your photos (probably with dithering), but for best result import palette to source photo (not converted to 8 bit), then save as bmp - the result will be better than this what you expect to come out.

EDIT: OK Here is visualization ;)

This image (dawncake.jpg) is saved as 24 bit jpg and have 51340 unique colors.

After resize (dawncake_res.png - 1st in 1st row) it have 14570 unique colors (used as SOURCE).
    \-After paste to MSPaint (dawncake_res_paste_to_MSPaint_C1_pal.bmp - 2nd in 1st row) it have 213 unique colors (without dithering!).
    \-After import palette (dawncake_res_IrfanView_C1_pal_import.bmp - 3rd in 1st row) in IrfanView (with dithering) it have 126 unique colors.

When we reduce source image to 256 colors MSPaint palette (dawncake_res_256_colors_MSPaint_pal.bmp - 1st in 2nd row) we have 133 unique colors only and still need conversion to C1 (this equal what you have).
    \-After paste to MSPaint (dawncake_res_256_colors_MSPaint_pal_paste_to_MSPaint.bmp - 2nd in 2nd row) we have 91 unique colors.
    \-After import palette (dawncake_res_256_colors_MSPaint_pal_IrfanView_C1_pal_imported.bmp - 3rd in 2nd row) in IrfanView (no dithering this time, since source have less than 256 colors) we have 91 unique colors too - exactly same poor result.

So as we can see any method give more unique colors when source image have more unique colors (of course there is other software where result can be even better).

Note: C1 *menu* palette is used in this example.

PS. Dithering look bad on animation and in more other cases, so I prefer MSPaint method...

Edited by QTZ - 19/5/2014, 23:58
    Attached Image
    dawncake_all_examples

9. Alex Self Apoc. 9

User deleted

Ok, Listen up, SUCKAZ, I finally got Vanellope Model and FINALIZED TEXTURES here, the model should be opened in sketchup 7 or 8. enjoy. only one texture is mising, a red version of DRSKY, which an orange one is in this file. FILE TO BIG, WILL HAVE TO SEPERATE FILES
    File Allegato
    C1_VANELLOPE_P1.zip
    (Number of downloads: 8)

10. Alex Self Apoc. 9

User deleted

Vanellope part 2
    File Allegato
    C1__VANELLOPE_P2.zip
    (Number of downloads: 9)

11. Alex Self Apoc. 9

User deleted

I tried IFRANVIEW...

IT WORK EPIC!!!!!

NOW I REQUEST RACE PALLETE!!!!!

12. Alex Self Apoc. 9

User deleted

Hmmm... no one heard me...

I REQUEST RACE PALLETE!!! I tried to use the ones in Tosh's C1 Helpers, they were crap, Ifranview wouldn't even OPEN IT.

So I request Race pallete from either QTZ or Matstro.

BTW. I've been using IfranView A LOT. I got LOADS of mugs made in there.

Master

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Alex Self Apoc. 9 @ 27/5/2014, 00:32) 
    they were crap

They aren't crap. They can't be. They are just palettes saved in the most common formats.
    Palettes come in Microsoft (.PAL) and generic (.ACT) formats, you're expecting something else? :Duuda:

IrfanView isn't the best thing out there to edit images. It's a good image viewer with some extras.
    Apparently IrfanView wants palettes to be in Paint Shop Pro format...
    Why not simply use Photoshop..?

Oh and you can request all you want, we aren't your servants.

14. Alex Self Apoc. 9

User deleted

QUOTE (Toshiba-3 @ 27/5/2014, 01:40) 
    QUOTE (Alex Self Apoc. 9 @ 27/5/2014, 00:32) 
    they were crap

They aren't crap. They can't be. They are just palettes saved in the most common formats.
    Palettes come in Microsoft (.PAL) and generic (.ACT) formats, you're expecting something else? :Duuda:

IrfanView isn't the best thing out there to edit images. It's a good image viewer with some extras.
    Apparently IrfanView wants palettes to be in Paint Shop Pro format...
    Why not simply use Photoshop..?

Oh and you can request all you want, we aren't your servants.

UUHHH...

It says that It can not load your palletes, but it can load QTZ's

How are .ACT Files 'Palletes'?!?

Well, IfranView works for me. I don't really go with Photoshop. and the Menu pallete I used is the one QTZ handed me.

and...

*laughs for 30 seconds*
    :lol: OF COURSE YOU Guys are NOT my servents!

:shit: Man, I would just LOVE to meet you in person, tosh. Now, get off of my lawn.

P.s. I got something for some of your C1 Cars...

I still have a few more to make and give...
    File Allegato
    FLIS_for_toshiba.rar
    (Number of downloads: 8)

Master

Group

Status
    Photoshop is 200% better to edit images. You're probably too young to focus and use it.
    The .ACT extension isn't only used by Stainless' Actor files...
    You wouldn't love to meet me in person.
    I don't need FLI files.
    :Coool:

126 replies since 21/3/2014, 14:09   2619 views