How to fix Hamachi against the class c error (How to create a server for many games like CS)

« Older   Newer »

1. Quill Voy

User deleted

For people who can't speak spanish and want to play Counter Strike or other games that put you in problems when you're going to create a server, here you can find a guide on how to avoid this error (the class c error)
    Kalcos made a very useful guide but, to avoid error in the translation I will put here some links to the official forum of Hamachi where you can find an explanation to solve your problem.
    http://forums.hamachi.cc/viewtopic.php?t=1...ghlight=aliases
    http://forums.hamachi.cc/viewtopic.php?t=1...ghlight=aliases

I also will paste here a guide of www.hamachi-games.net on how to fix the aliases:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aliases database:

Enter your and your friends Hamachi IPs and download aliases.txt according to your IP range

Guide:
    When you want to play Counter-Strike via hamachi, often you have error "LAN servers are restricted to local clients (class C)." when you want to join LAN server.This is because the LAN server has different IP range like your hamachi IP.

For example:

a) your friend has IP 5.2.47.58, you have IP 5.2.65.120 => both of you have the same IP range so you won't have problem with class C error

b) your friend has IP 5.2.47.58, you have IP 5.8.65.120 => both of you have different IP range and you will have problem with class C error

Solution is to use "aliases"

!!!!! IT WORKS ONLY WITH VERSION 1.0.0.31 and HIGHER !!!!

- The man who create LAN server must create the file called aliases.txt
    - This file aliases.txt must be put into Hamachi's installation directory.

- By this file aliases.txt you will create "alias" for your friend who want to join your LAN server with different IP range like his IP range

- It does not work in reverse due to the pecularities of CS gaming protocol.

- Each line of file aliases.txt contain a pair of IP addresses:

<original Hamachi IP> followed by <desired IP> (1 gap between IPs)

- When you created alias for your friend, you have to restart Hamachi (not only press Power OFF and Power ON) !!!

Example when 1 friend want to join my server

I have created LAN server, my IP is 5.1.57.145 => my friend who want to join my LAN server has IP:

- his IP has different IP range like my IP, so i need to create "alias" for him
    My file aliases.txt contains a pair of IP addresses:

5.7.20.110 5.1.20.110

Example when 3 friends want to join my server

I have created LAN server, my IP is 5.1.57.145 => my friends who want to join my LAN server have IPs:

- their IPs have different IP range like my IP, so i need to create file "aliases" for them
    My file aliases.txt contains a pairs of IP addresses:

5.7.20.110 5.1.20.110
    5.11.74.63 5.1.74.63
    5.4.28.33 5.1.28.33

Summary:

1. Find out IP addresses of your friend who want to join your server
    2. Create aliases for them (if their IPs are different IP range like yours IP)
    3. Restart Hamachi
    4. Create LAN server
    5. Play the game :-)

Create LAN Game

1. Join some hamachi network and start the game

2. Choose New Game -> choose the map -> set up your server -> Start

Join LAN Game

1. Join some hamachi network and start the game

2. Choose Find Servers -> LAN -> Connect

If you have error "LAN servers are restricted to local clients (class C)." => your friend who created LAN server did mistake in aliases.txt or forgot to restart Hamachi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Th-th-that's all folks! :) If you have any question tell me and I'll look for help :) If you find any error in the text or something like that comment me ^^
    Good Bye and sorry for my poor english!

Para los hispañocharlantes xD: Aqui pongo una ayudita equivalente a la guia de Kalcos para crear un server de Counter Strike pero para la gente que habla en ingles, lo dicho, si encontrais algun error o teneis alguna duda... hablad con Kalcos! xD (las dudas, no los errores xP)

Un saludo y a pasarlo bien ;)

Edited by Quill Voy - 27/3/2007, 00:03

2. asdalal

User deleted

I created a server using hamachi with hlds but when i connect using console it shows error that lan servers are restricted to local clients only??
    what should i do
    sv_lan is already set to 0

Semidios

Group

Status
    This is an outdated info. This only works in Hamachi 1. On Hamachi 2 right click on a name and on properties fill the aliases field acording the info given.

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Santa cachufleta de necropost. 26/3/2007!!!! :P

Noob

Group

Status
    Whats with desired IP?

Dios

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Necroposteo del milenio! ¿Quién usa Hamachi en el año 2022?

Este topic lo cierro porque es ridículo. :Pervoso:

5 replies since 26/3/2007, 17:52   30252 views