creepy C1 opponent error

« Older   Newer »

1. Hiro_Hamada

User deleted

We got something eerie...

I counted my opponents.

99 opponents.

so I put 100, because opponent 0.

Opponent count mismatches actual count of opponents.

what's eerie is that other than a single FLI change, i didn't add or remove ANY opponents.

HOLD THAT BASS DRUM.

I fixed it.

Apparently Max Damage does not like his car having descriptions

2. QTZ

User deleted

Apparently Max Damage does not like his car having descriptions

False, you can add description as I done for Special Edition mod (SetupMSE) and for some translations.
    You just need to count text lines and update proper values, also corresponding flic should have enough frames.

3. Hiro_Hamada

User deleted

everything was done correct.

Also, here's another problem i've had for a few years that you keep telling me to do, yet I am (for some damn reason) unable to do:

Update C1 Special Edition 1.2 to current version. (will I lose ANY modded data that i've done for the past 6 years?)

4. QTZ

User deleted

I have made few versions of patch over time (for different versions of SE), latest version is Patch 3 which work with current version of SE.
    From readme:
    Mastro's C1 Special Edition Patch 3 (+2) by QTZ.
    Version 3.2.1.11 released 26.09.2016 (total 731 patches/files)

*** Patch 3 is VALID FOR Mastro's C1 Special Edition v.1.2.0.0 ***
    *** released at 30-31.12.2013, 9.02.2014 and later up to v.1.3.2.0 released at 26.12.2015 ***
    *** unpacked/installed, WITHOUT ANY CUSTOMIZATIONS, EXCEPT FOR THIS PATCH ***
    *** DO NOT USE WITH OTHER VERSIONS OR WITH CUSTOM MODIFICATIONS - IT WILL FAIL AND MAY CORRUPT YOUR INSTALLATION ***

As far as I remember this version just trying to update files, so it will fail on customizations, but should not change user-modified files (except for options and keyboard setup). But I'm not sure.

You can try to make copy of your game and apply patch to this copy. Then if something will be broken restore it from your source.

Patch may refuse to install if game is not recognized as required version.
    Patch for older version probably replace some files, so it may completely clean some files.

Best way to install patch is to apply it to latest version of game without customizations, then apply customizations to patched game.

http://qtz.toshiba-3.com/?C=N;O=A

5. Hiro_Hamada

User deleted

which file am I supposed to click on for this case?
    Attached Image
    msc1

6. QTZ

User deleted

Listed above and some other file are for older versions.
    For current version -> MC1SE_Patch_3.7z
    (this map is not included)

7. Hiro_Hamada

User deleted

ok. got them.

Now... How do I install without resetting 5 years of modding/sprite edits/adding cars (99 cars currently.)?

8. QTZ

User deleted

You need to merge updated version with your mod manually.

How to do this my way:

Download latest SE and apply patch 3 - set all possible options - robots, zombies, HD Test (if you are sure your system support HD resolutions), mini CD (to allow 3dFX, other DOS versions, other execs from CD versions), etc..

Make a copy of your mod and try to update it with the latest patch (set same options!). If patch not refuse to work, after update (some files probably fail to install) check if game work and if all customizations are in places. If something is cleared restore required text file/s from root\data of your mod to this copy - overwrite, then check again. I think restoring text file/s should be enough.

To compare and find out if everything is ok use FAR.
    Go to downloaded and updated SE on one side, on the other side go to updated copy of your mod (to jump to other side press TAB). On your mod side select everything (with Insert) then press F5 (copy), click "copy", then tick "Remember choice" and "Skip" (!!!) this will copy all additional (added by you) files to SE.

Now it's time to compare press F11, select "Advanced compare", tick: subfolders, size, contents and Display a message... deselect everything else, press Enter or Ok. With default colors scheme - yellow files / folders are different, so you need to investigate differences. To be easier delete exactly same files on your mod side - to do this you need to invert selection - press asterisk (this may select folders or not depend of settings), then press F8 - delete (be carefull). You need to repeat this in each folder - you need to go to corresponding folder on both side. When you finish you will end with only files that are different, so you need to compare the files form your mod with files from latest SE to find out if this is customization or the file is just updated, and replace or remove proper file. Repeat for each files.

Since I have updated text files you should move your modifications manually to destination files (do not overwrite - just copy paste text inside files).

Edited by QTZ - 18/10/2017, 02:16

9. Hiro_Hamada

User deleted

I don't get it.

I am veryv confused.

10. Hiro_Hamada

User deleted

I ended up doing it the old fashioned way.

copying every file and determining what file to put, folder by folder.

P.S. I ACCIDENTALY installed the 720 and 1080 things. How do I remove them without fucking anything up?

9 replies since 15/10/2017, 05:24   302 views